The Apollo® ILS (Integrated Library System) was designed from the ground up by practicing librarians to be a hosted ILS for public libraries. This provides our customers with amazing efficiencies and connectedness. And those customers are only public libraries with fewer than 300,000 items. Apollo customers say it is easy to use and dramatically increases ease of use and efficiency. Your staff will be able to accomplish more and deliver more to patrons with less time.
See Apollo Automation in Action
- Try out the responsive public catalog on your phone, tablet, PC, Mac, etc. You’ll see the same interface on any device!
» Tucker Free Library, New Hampshire
» Ocean Shores Public Library, Washington
And see one example of how you can integrate catalog content into your website:
» Livingston Municipal Library, Texas
- With no fee or commitment, we’ll import any or all of your library’s data into a new Apollo account so you can test drive it. Learn More (PDF) Take as long as you like; your migration comfort is paramount. You don’t pay anything until after you’ve migrated. Request your data trial now!
- Let us show you a live demonstration of Apollo. Tell us you’re interested and we’ll be in touch.
For many years in a row, Apollo tops major survey results!
Delightful and efficient for your staff
Our customers simply rave about how much easy Apollo is and how more efficient they are (remember the awards we’ve won?). From time-savers, to error prevention, to patron joy and leveraging of 3rd party resources, Apollo is making a difference. And this is all with only a browser and no server or software to install.
Here are a few examples:
- Circulation Management:
- Collection Management:
- Delete items without losing information.
- Batch Weed/Delete.
- Powerful authority control.
- Other Advantages
Empower Patrons as Never Before
With Apollo, your patrons get a state of the art, gorgeous catalog. And you get more exposure for those expensive 3rd party e-Resources.
- Gabbie® 2-way texting
- Kids’ Catalog
- Responsive catalog
- Author reservation wizard – Reserve Express℠
- Enhance your website with numerous ways to help your patrons get more out of your library.
- Single log-in to your e-Resources.
- Self-checkout with only a PC.
- On-line payments.
- Patron sees how much they’ve saved by borrowing instead of buying
State Specific Advantages
Apollo’s hosted-only approach lets us reduce your workload by making automatic connections with your state catalogs, ILL systems, etc. Here are some examples:
- Texas: OCLC Navigator NCIP integration for the most hassle-free ILL management possible. Also you don’t ever upload MARC or patron data.
- Iowa: auto-updating of SILO state catalog with additions and deletions.
- New Hampshire: Full integration with new state ILL system. Import from NHU-PAC for cataloging.
- Kansas: Z39.50 item availability polling for ILLs.
- MIssissippi: Z39.50 item availability polling for ILLs.
- Michigan: MeLCat ILL integration with NCIP. Auto-update of materials including availability information. Import from MeLCat for cataloging
- Maine: auto-emailing of additions to MaineCat and pending interface with state ILL System.
- States with OCLC cataloging: Capture of OCLC number for titles and auto-emailing of additions and deletions
We do all this and more at no charge.
Smooth, Comfortable Migration
The free trial lets you virtually eliminate any leap of faith. You send us a copy of your data using the easy and secure upload page for only your library. We’ll import it into Apollo in a day or three then we’ll turn you loose on it! You can verify that we’ve gotten all your data copied and imported correctly. You can try everything (circulate, catalog, run reports, etc) as well as see how Apollo performs in your library. Plus, Apollo can use existing barcode labels, scanners, and printers.
So, while your library continues to operate normally, we’ll work together to answer your Apollo questions and address your issues. Take your time, because your comfort comes first. If you decide against Apollo, we’ll delete your data and wish you well. If you decide to go with Apollo, you and any staff/volunteers can take the free on-line, live training. We’ll also get on the phone with you, one-on-one, to make sure all the setup items and polices are configured the way you want them. Then we’ll pick the magic date! You’ll send a fresh upload of your data after you close one day, and we’ll replace all the trial data overnight. You can open the next day with Apollo! It IS that easy.
Concerned about the migration process? Read our Migration to Apollo (PDF).
Apollo is a service, offered on an annual subscription basis, just as you might pay for magazines or databases. We don’t nickel and dime you. All current features are included in the base subscription price except just four: Acquisitions, Syndetics Unbound, Auto-Calling, and Gabbie®. You can have unlimited users and any number of computers using Apollo. Subscriptions include all server functionality, backups, customer support, free upgrades, and access to a user forum. A contract is not required. You can cancel at any time and receive a refund of your unused subscription term. Pricing is quoted on an individual library basis, so contact us for details on your subscription.
Because of our Internet delivery, the system requirements for Apollo are a breeze. We don’t lock you in to particular hardware or a particular operating system. Plus, since Apollo is hosted only, it’s optimized for on-line use, exhibiting excellent response times.
- A reasonably modern Web browser for any PC or mobile device.
- Browser: Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Edge will work in some cases.
- A high-speed (DSL, cable, or better) Internet connection.
- Reasonably modern PC or tablet, on which Web browsing is not painfully slow.
- At least 1024×768 screen resolution for a PC.
Apollo will boost your library’s image. Patrons will experience easier, better access and a smoother running operation. Your staff will be more productive and have more fun on the job. Your collection data will be pure and collection decisions will be well informed. Dedicated solely to public libraries, Apollo will make a difference at your library.
POWER TO THE PUBLICS
Getting Started with Apollo
See a brief Apollo video
Request a Free Trial with your data!
Subscribe to our newsletter
"You have got to be the most helpful company we have ever dealt with."
Marcia Johnson, Director
Miami Public Library
Read our blog
Introducing The Apollo ILS/LSP
For your viewing pleasure! In this video you'll get a quick introduction to the Apollo ILS/LSP, and learn what it can bring to your library.